Sunday, September 5, 2010

Welcome Entry

I am Zachary Hahn a current student of Full Sail University.  I go to Full Sail for a Bachelor's degree in Recording Arts.  I have always been into the arts such as music, movies, fashion, and photography.  I also play video games regularly.  I mostly like to play first person shooters and role playing games.  I am getting Halo: Reach this month and Fallout: New Vegas when it comes out.  I am really interested in science fiction such as the Alien movies.  My favorite types of movies are the 80s futuristic ones.  I love Blade Runner, Akira, Alien, Videodrome, Screamers, Virus, Predator and generally those types of crazy science fiction movies.  I also read frequently.  I love to read the Halo, the Alien, Predator, and Mass Effect books. My music and fashion styles go closely hand-in-hand.  I listen to a lot of electronic fashion core music.  During high school I was very into the nu-rave style of music and clothing.  I would listen to bands like Hadouken!, Klaxxons, MIA, and Afrikan Boy.  Along with nu-rave I was also into grime music a lot.  I listend to grime artists like Wiley, Dizzee Rascal, JME, and Uffie.  During my senior year of high school my music interest developed from nu-rave/grime to dubstep and glitchstep.  I began to listen to artists such as Rusko, Caspa, Benga, Skream, and Boregore.  This love for dubstep traveled past high and into my early Full Sail career.  I began to make my own dubstep music and my personality became more laid back from listening to the music.  My new laid back style lead me into an even deeper music style.  I became very interested in psychedelic music and now listen to artists like MGMT, Kid Cudi, Wavves, and MIA's older music.  I listen to a fusion of psychedelic synth lines with very grungy African drums with lots of falsetto vocals.  My style is always growing as I find more and more influences.    

No comments:

Post a Comment